Menu
 
 
 

About Us

The Dryfesdale Lodge Visitor Centre, along with the Garden of Remembrance, create a memorial to the Lockerbie Air Disaster of December 1988 and the 270 lives lost as a result of the bombing of Pan Am flight 103.

The lodge had originally been the built as the house for the cemetery caretaker, however, it had become surplus to requirements and was standing empty for a number of years. In 2003, the Dryfesdale Trust formed to take over the running of the Lodge on behalf of Dumfries and Galloway Council and with financial support form the Lockerbie Trust extensive renovation work, the Dryfesdale Lodge Visitor Centre formally opened on 25th October 2003 and is a now registered Scottish Charity.

Having been unable to open for the 2020 Summer season due to restrictions linked to the Coronavirus pandemic the future of the building was in some doubt, however with recent donations and support from the local community and a developing partnership between the Lodge, the victims of Pan Am 103 group, and Syracuse University the Lodge is preparing to embark on a new refurbishment programme and is looking forward to opening it door to the public for the 2022 season.

Looking back, Moving forward.

 

 

 

Latest News

Financial boost from local business

More Information

Latest Events

Tundergarth Primary Exhibition

More Information

Opening Times

Temporarily closed, for visitor and colleague safety, due to COVID-19.

Location

Dumfries Road
Lockerbie
Dumfries & Galloway
DG11 1HZ

Contact

+44 (0) 1576 205962
 
© 2021 Dryfesdale Lodge Visitors Centre
Web design by Creatomatic